Pairs with SEAO2 Sparkling Wine
Our family pie crust recipe uses canola oil and we love it. This is a double crust, so recipe so put one in the freezer for later when you are making the quiche.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons of ice water
1. Mix together flour, oil, and ice water.
2. Divide dough in half.
3. Roll each piece between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- 1 ½ cups of light cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 7 ounces Chanterelle mushrooms (they are in season) cleaned and cut up
- ¾ pound Bacon cooked and cut up small
- 1 large Onion
- Parsley and chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sautéed Kale (optional)
You may want to cook the pie crust for 15 minutes before you fill
1. Cook bacon and chop up in pieces
2. Sauté up onions in the bacon fat (you may want to remove some of the fat), add butter and sauté the mushrooms – season with salt
3. Mix cream and eggs together in blender
4. Place all the veggies and bacon in your pie crust that you have already places in your pie pan
5. Add the cheese on top
6. Pour in the wet ingredients.