Pairs with Spindrift Cellars Rosé
1 bunch scallions
1 teaspoon butter
1 pound lump crab
14 oz. shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 pint heavy cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Cross cut the green part of the scallion, 1/8” thick, and sweat in 1 teaspoon of butter.
2. Mix together with picked crabmeat. Set aside.
3. Put shrimp in a very cold bowl of a food processor. Process on high speed for 1 minute.
4. Add eggs and process on high until the mixture is smooth and shiny (approx. 2 minutes).
5. Keep shrimp mixture in bowl and put in freezer to re-chill.
6. Return bowl to machine and slowly add heavy cream while machine is running. Scrape sides of bowl. Mix one more time to make sure the cream is incorporated.
7. Add mustard, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire to the mousse; then fold into crabmeat and scallions.
8. To cook- sauté ½ cup portions in oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat (*could use a ring form to hold together). Cook 2 minutes on each side.
Recipe of Chef George Perrier