2017 Spindrift Cellars Year in Review
This past year has been full of new beginnings for Spindrift Cellars and the Compton family. We started off 2017 with a fresh new look to our wine label. Introducing the square shape, clean lines, and a simplistic elegance that our distributors had been asking for. We wanted to combine modern simplicity with old world style in the shape. We are thrilled with the results.
The Spindrift team had some big changes all in the same week. Our tasting room manager Jean had her second baby girl in late July. We also hired a new VP of Sales, Don Wackerly. Don brings over 20 years of experience in the wine industry. Don will be working with Tabitha & Matt to manage sales in our distribution channels and open new markets.
The Comptons finished the year with an exciting new adventure of their own. A new brand with their name on the label.
Awards, Reviews, and News for 2017
- We started 2017 in February with the Newport Seafood and Wine Festival with a Gold Medal for our Spindrift 2015 Pinot Noir.
- Our 2015 Pinot Noir continued to receive more accolades with a Double Gold at Savor NW
- Seattle Times recently featured our Spindrift 2015 Pinot Noir again as the Top 50 wines of the Northwest.
- Our new Spindrift 2016 Pinot Gris recently received a 90 rating:
“This tasty wine is full bodied and powered by fruit. Varietal purity is on display, as it offers rich apple. pear peach, and apricot flavors. A lovely hint of lemon oil accents both scent and flavor.”
- The Spindrift Late Harvest Pinot Gris received a 92 rating and Editors Choice:
“Breakfast tea, grapefruit and orange peel scents and a hint of spiced pumpkin come out of this well-priced sweet wine. With 67 g/L residual sugar and 12% alcohol, it’s not shy by any standard. The acid is sufficient to balance out all that sugar, and it’s rich enough that one half bottle can provide a dessert sip for a party of four.” Editors’ Choice. —P.G. abv: 12%
- Released the first three Compton Family Wines to positive reviews including 3 scores over 91 points from Wine Enthusiast and an Editor’s Choice distinction for the ’15 Alpine Cuveé Pinot Noir.
As we look forward to 2018 we are excited to invest in improving our craft, getting to know our customers, expanding our markets and revealing a few new things we have been working on. We are excited to have you, wine club members, along for the journey.
We sincerely appreciate your support and attribute our success to your loyalty. Thank you and Happy New Year!
The Spindrift Cellars team