Pairs with Spindrift Cellars BoVine Pinot Noir
1½ tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
1½ tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 (3”x1”) strip of lemon rind
2 cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 (12 oz.) log of fresh plain goat cheese
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
3. Slice cheese log into 24- ¼” thick discs.
4. Using a glass or ceramic rectangular pan pour ½ of the oil mixture on the bottom of the pan.
5. Place cheeses on top; then pour remaining oil over the cheese discs.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
7. To serve use a slotted spoon to place on a serving plate; making sure to have some herbs on the discs. Serve with baguette, sliced.
8. Reserve leftover oil for other uses.