Compton Family Wines Rosé of Cabernet Sauvignon2018-08-20T21:20:16+00:00

Rosé of Cabernet Sauvignon

$20 a bottle

A powerful bright Rosé made of 100% Willamette Valley Cabernet Sauvignon from 20 year old vines from Hoot & Howl Vineyard in Philomath, Oregon.

Expansive strawberry, pomegranate and sweet floral scent, Smooth and open fresh red fruit, watermelon, lemon zest, and raspberry flavors. The texture is luxuriously supple and the wine has a minerality in the crisp, clean finish that is most appealing. Refreshing for summer sipping on a hot day or pair with grilled fish or poultry. Try pairing with charcoal grilled turkey leg – incredible!

Winemaking
90% of the Cabernet fruit went directly in the wine press. The other 10% was saignéed and left with skin contact overnight. The wine was fermented in stainless steel tank under temperature control to retain fruit flavor.

2017 Vintage
A cool growing season. The wet, cool spring delayed flowering for the region’s vines until late June, setting the stage for a later harvest. Warm, dry conditions prevailed through the summer with a higher than average fruit set.

Order the Wines